WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register as a member ("Member") on one of our Sites, we will collect and store your personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information from which your identity is discernible. We will also collect and store payment information, including your credit card number. We may also collect and store demographic information such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and interests. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information. We also gather or may gather certain information about your use of the Site, such as what areas you visit and what services you use. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by us. This information can include, without limitation, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This data is used to manage the Site, track usage and improve the Site services. Some of this data is linked to your personal information in order to protect Sempris from fraud.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Sempris may share your information with the following entities:
- Carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes;
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention;
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services;
- Other companies within the Sempris network.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Sempris, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. From time to time, Sempris or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on one or more of the Sites. Members may be asked to provide personal information, including name, e-mail address or home address, or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners that you have requested to receive information from.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Sempris does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to Sempris. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
We may partner with third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated third party sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information we or the online advertising network serving the ad collect about your online activities here and elsewhere over time. For example, anonymous information collected across multiple sites that you visit over time may enable the ad network to predict your preferences and show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. Please note that we do not share any information that identifies you personally with the third party service providers who serve ads on our behalf. To opt out of these types of ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative for information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about online behavioral advertising and how to opt-out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies.
Site user accounts are secured by passwords. Although no communications over the Internet are 100% secure, we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on the Sites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTROL OF YOUR PASSWORD
DECLINE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at: email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Sempris who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding twelve calendar months. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding twelve calendar months. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
P.O. Box 5034
Hopkins, MN 55343-1034
Attn: California Privacy Rights